One of the biggest questions surrounding retirement is “How much is enough”? Opinions on the “right” amount can vary and many people feel overwhelmed and anxious about whether they have enough saved for a comfortable, worry-free retirement.
Diane McCurdy, CFP, demystifies financial planning with her new book,
How Much Is Enough? Balancing Today’s Needs with Tomorrow’s Retirement Goals (Wiley; January 2013; Paper; $24.95) by helping readers find their “Enough” number – an exact figure specific to their lives and goals which they can aim for in retirement.
Working with their financial attitudes rather than trying to change them, McCurdy helps readers understand their motivations towards spending and saving money. How Much Is Enough? provides practical tools to help everyone achieve their retirement goals as well as straightforward advice on financial options in Canada, from investments and taxes, to insurance and estate planning.
Diane McCurdy is available for interviews and can speak about:
- How to find your “Enough” number for retirement and the financial plan to get you there;
- The three most important things everyone can do to start planning for retirement:
- Managing your money to avoid outliving your income;
- Why it’s not too late or too early for each generation – Gen Y, Gen X and Baby Boomers – to save forretirement;
- Dealing with differing attitudes towards money between you and your partner;
- Teaching your children the true value of money, rather than just budgeting and allowances;
- Why retirement is significantly different today than it was a generation ago.About the Author:
Diane McCurdy, CFP (Vancouver, BC) is the Founder of McCurdy Financial Planning Inc., an established and respected firm that services clients from all walks of life. An active writer, educator, speaker and advisor, Diane is recognized internationally in her industry and in the media. She is also a real estate investor and a member of the Million Dollar Round Table.